As kids grow, they become more curious and eager to know many things around them, and what’s better than channeling their curiosity into STEAM activities that could potentially turn into passion. We’ve developed a list of fun activities for middle and elementary school students as follows:
- – Do you think milk tastes sour? Try making this sourness detector to see for yourself.
- – Want a fun activity to show your friends, but doesn’t make a mess in the house? Try this hole maker machine with potato and other vegetables or fruits.
- – Do you like playing on a seesaw? Try this candle seesaw balancing act and learn about balancing forces and the physics behind it.
- – Interested in the functionality of bridges? Design a bridge that can hold 100 pennies for at least 30 seconds.
- – Learn about the law of inertia with fidget spinners.
- – Learn how oil spills get cleaned up from our oceans
- – Learn about aircraft engineering by building an aircraft out of recycled materials.
- – Build a popsicle bridge.
- – Learn more about LEGO with this simple LEGO motorized mechanism.
- – Discover the world of geology with this sedimentary rocks model experiment.
A list of Dream Big activities created for the classroom, home and after school programs: